Most Americans see a lot of value in having great landscaping. Americans also spend a lot of time in their outdoor spaces. Approximately 51% spend a good deal of time in their outdoor areas entertaining, gardening and just relaxing. These homeowners spend at least six hours a week in their yards or gardens. Between 2014 and 2015, the industry that includes outdoor living companies grew into a $7 billion one, this represented a growth of about 4% from 2014.
More and more Americans are adopting a practice that is seen throughout the world. People in Europe and elsewhere are often found cooking with their families outside. Outdoor living companies work at creating kitchens in people’s gardens that serve as an additional room on the home itself. If you are considering this, here are some great benefits.
- These are perfect spaces for entertaining. Grilling food on the barbecue or on the smoker is a great way to bring friends and family together to spend quality time while meals are being prepared. It seems everyone always gathers in the kitchen when there is a party and it can get awfully crowded inside. When the kitchen is on the patio, the more, the merrier! Everyone gets to kiss the cook! To make the area more comfortable for everyone, outdoor living companies can add heaters, comfy furniture and other amenities. You can add decorative lights and festive, mood music.
- Outdoor kitchens add value to your home. Nearly 90% of all real estate agents say that good landscaping makes houses sell faster. When people remodel their patios to include an outdoor kitchen, this really has a great return on investment. Add a stainless steel grill to your patio and you have an outdoor appliance that can deal with the changing temperature and weather of the seasons. Most outdoor living companies also recommend it because it is easy to clean. When the outdoor living spaces include kitchens they become investments that can be enjoyed for years.
- Prevents indoor kitchen odors from smelling up the house. When you cook outside, the smells stay there. Love to deep fry your food? That is a smell that lingers. It will linger for less time and in a more desirable place if you keep your frying to your outdoor kitchen. This keeps your house smelling clean and fresh. The same gos for other dishes like fish or anything with garlic.
- They are like getting an addition on your house. If you want to build an extension on your home but cannot afford that, adding an outdoor kitchen may be the way to go. You do effectively get the same result with this as you do when you add a room, more floor space for your home.
- They can help you cut down your utility bills. All the time you spend outdoors, grilling with friends and family is time that you do not have to crank your air conditioning unit because you are not heating the house with your cooking. All the heat from the oven is saved for the deep fryer, grill or smoker that you have in your outdoor kitchen. This means your HVAC unit works less and you spend less on electricity.
- You will not go out to eat as much. Who wants to go to a restaurant when everyone can hang out in the outdoor kitchen? You can make amazing food, which you will share with your friends and family. Many restaurants offer patio dining, which you will have in your own back yard. This way, you can have amazing meals at home and save yourself a ton of money. Plus, you do not have to drive anywhere to get to your back yard kitchen!
Adding an outdoor kitchen to your home will give you a space to enjoy real, quality time with the people in your life who matter the most in a relaxed, open and comfortable setting. Most people like drilling food with friends and family and outdoor living companies can add sinks and other amenities to the space to bring the inside outside. These make great additions to anyone’s home.