When you are planning for the expenses your company will incur, you may not give a lot of thought to your lighting options. That is too bad because the costs associated with lighting are more than most people think. About 22% of all the power that is generated around the United States is then used to light our buildings, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Lighting costs account for 11% of the energy costs in homes and nearly 18% in buildings that are used for commercial purposes. If you are looking at the different options, such as wall pack LED light fixtures, for you lighting needs, induction lighting offers a lot of benefits. Here are a few:
- The wall pack LED light fixtures will use less energy than their traditional counterparts. When you are using induction lighting and induction lamps, you can cut the energy you use to light your business in half. This will also have a big impact on your utility bills and will reduce your carbon footprint. More and more consumers are looking to buy products from companies who care about their impact on the environment so by making the switch to newer and more efficient lighting, you can grow your customer base and improve your bottom line.
- Induction light fixtures last a very long time and do not need much maintenance. If there is a combination of two things that works well, lasts a long time and does not need a lot in the way of maintenance ranks up there with “tastes great, less filling.” When you have switched to LED low bay lighting fixtures and LED high bay light fixtures, your workers will have to spend less time taking care of the lighting and less time replacing it. Doing minor maintenance on lighting fixtures can take up a lot of time and reduce the productivity of your workforce. It has been estimated that the typical wall pack LED light fixtures will last for up to 100,000 hours before they require any kind of attention. That translates to 11 years if used 24 hours a day. If you only have them on for ten hours each day, they can last up to 25 years.
- LED lighting fixtures do not have fragile pieces. When you are dealing with traditional light bulbs and the like, you are dealing with very fragile parts. The electrodes are delicate structures that are easily broken. The same can be said of the filaments. Neither of these problems come into play when you are dealing with LED and induction lighting fixtures. This is one of the reasons they will last so much longer.
- They do not degrade as much over time. When you are using LED warehouse lighting fixtures, you may notice the output will go down by about 5% after they have been used for about two thousand hours. High intensity discharge lights, these also go by the name “xenon lights,” will lose 30% of the output during the same amount of time. If you are working in an industry where proper lighting is important, the clear choice is induction lighting features that can maintain a high level of output for a longer period of time.
- LED lights go on instantly. When you are working with some kinds of lighting, there can be a delay in when you hit the on switch and when you see light. That is because a number of kinds of lights need to warm up a bit before they emit light. When you use wall pack LED light fixtures, you have light instantly. This can also be important if you need to have your lighting timed to a certain schedule and/or you turn it on and off multiple times in a given day. This can also help your workers experience less eye strain and other problems that are caused by that warm up period.
- LED lights are cooler. There is a reason you do not have the warming up period with wall pack LED light fixtures, they do not have to warm up! This is because the energy used by the fixture is emitted entirely as light, not as heat like other kinds of lighting.