There are many options when it comes to roofing. One can decide to use either metal materials that last longer or asphalt shingles. Asphalt shingles are versatile, safe, and are cost-effective. They are also affordable and durable. The products used for residential roofing are designed for a steep slope. The products provide quality roofing systems that go in line with consumers’ homes and garages. Asphalt roofing materials are the best when roofing.
There are six main types of roofing each with its type of material used. The prices of asphalt roofs vary according to the size, pitch, and slope of the roof. The quality of the asphalt shingle also varies. The average cost $4286 to $6429. The prices also vary with the type of asphalt materials used. A bundle is a package of roofing shingles. Laminate shingles are always packed in bundles per square. Knowing the right number of bundles is easy. If one is using shingles that come in three bundles per square, 33.4 square feet should be covered by every bundle. Asphalt roofing products last longer, even more than twenty years, this all depends on the quality.
If you’re someone who needs to replace or repair the shingles on their roof, looking into asphalt roof shingles may be worth it for you. Work with a roofing contractor or company to find the best fit for you and your home.
There are a lot of options these days when it comes to roofing materials. A metal roof, for instance, can last a lifetime, and in some places having one can lower your homeowner’s insurance premiums significantly. With all the emphasis on new types of roofing, though, we need to give the old asphalt shingle roofs their due. There are some advantages to asphalt shingle roofs, and here are five of them.
- Asphalt is endlessly versatile. Asphalt shingles can be adapted to all kinds of roof shapes and every weird angle you might throw at it. They also come in a wide variety of colors, so it’s always possible to find something that will compliment your home and the look you want. In fact, you can get residential roofing or commercial roofing shingles to mimic any architectural style you want.
- Asphalt shingle roofs are safe. In fact, asphalt roofing shingles can be Class 4 impact resistant, and that’s as high as they come. The best quality asphalt shingles are also wind resistant for Class H and Class F winds of 110mph to 130mph. They also have a Class A fire rating when they have a fiberglass mat installed, meaning that you and your family can sleep a little safer under asphalt shingle roofs.
- Asphalt shingle roofs keep out the sound. It’s simply a feature of the way they’re made that asphalt shingles offer you stellar protection from outside noises, whether that’s rain or low flying aircraft.
- Asphalt shingle roofs are simple to put in and cost-effective over time. Getting things done right is always key to a good result and that’s possible with asphalt shingle roofs. You’ll want to contact a professional roof installer to do it, but with the right training, asphalt shingles are easy to install, which minimizes your installation costs. Install it right and keep up the maintenance on your roof and it will be cost-effective in the long run.
- Asphalt shingle roofs are affordable. The asphalt shingle roof is still the cheapest material to protect your home with. While they don’t last as long as some materials, asphalt shingles do last a good 15 to 20 years and will do a good job as long as they are maintained. What’s more, asphalt shingle roofs are excellent in a wide variety of climates and don’t need to be painted or stained, nor will they scratch or dent.
Asphalt shingle roofs have been with us for a while, and they’re not going anywhere soon. They’re versatile, inexpensive, resistant to Mother Nature’s assaults, and even keep out sound! If you’re looking for a new roof, contact a roof installer in your area to see what options are best for you.