This is the time of the year when you make it all of the way through the list of tasks that need to be completed at your house. From cleaning air ducts to improve the indoor air quality of your home to making sure that the plumbing contractors complete a complete sewer cleaning, you want to be able to make sure that by the end of the summer your house is in its best shape.
Home and business maintenance projects are an important part of making sure that you are able to enjoy the winter without having to worry about any of the problems that have plagued you in the past. In fact, if you do not take the time to deal with all of the required maintenance tasks of a home you may find yourself having to make expensive repairs down the road.
Heating and Cooling Costs Are Difficult to Control If You Do Not Follow Manufacturer Recommended Maintenance
From cleaning air ducts to upgrading insulation to regular HVAC checks, there are many things that you can do to make sure that you are getting the most out of the heating and cooling systems in both homes and businesses. Like a car, in fact, the more time you spend on maintenance, the more efficiently your vehicle will run.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the heating and cooling industry, as well as the percentage of the economy that revolves around other safety and maintenance tasks:
- 60% of homes in the U.S. rely on central air conditioning.
- An increase that was made in 2015 in regional standards for residential air conditioners could save consumers more than $4.2 billion in energy bills over the next three decades..
- As much as 6% of all electricity used in the U.S. is consumed by air conditioners.
- Programmable thermostats can save home owners up to $180 in annual air conditioning costs.
- Energy efficient natural gas is used to heat an estimated 57% of homes in America.
- Setting a thermostat back by seven to 10 degrees for eight hours a day can help save as much as 10% a year on heating and cooling costs.
The longest day of the year has come and gone, so summer is half way over. If you want to make sure that you work your way through the list of things that you want to get done this summer, now if the time to start!