When it comes to adding style and warmth to a home, it is hard to beat the look and feel of hardwood flooring. The problem is that there are some drawbacks to using this material for floors in a home. While wood is a renewable resource, it takes a long time. A tree can take 20 years, or more, to grow to a size that can be used for wood flooring. That is a long time. By contrast, a bamboo plant will reach its peak for usage is between three and five years. For example, if you put in gray bamboo flooring into your home, the plants that were used to create it will be replaced m a much shorter amount of time. Here are some more reasons to consider this kind of flooring:
- It is incredibly durable. One of the reasons that people like the idea of traditional hardwood flooring is the fact that it lasts a long time and requires very little in the way of maintenance or repair. One of the least well-known benefits of bamboo flooring is that it is harder than traditional hardwoods. For households with pets and children, this can make a very large difference. This is a very scratch resistant material so when the inevitable spills and falls happen, you can worry less about the floor. When people compare the most common woods used in hardwood flooring, maple and oak, they find that bamboo is harder. That makes it more durable and harder to damage.
- Bamboo flooring adds warmth to any home. Whether you opt for brown or gray bamboo flooring, it is hard to overstate how much warmth it will bring to your home. You can get bamboo flooring that looks unique and gives your home a look all of its own. When homeowners opt for hardwood flooring, they get a material that can make their homes look and feel as cozy as they want it to look.
- This is a great material for the environment. More and more homeowners are looking for materials for their home that are not just pretty to look at and each to take care of but that do not actively do damage to the environment. As was mentioned, bamboo flooring comes from one of the most renewable resources around. The time it takes to go from seedling to fully grown tree can be at least a few decades. That is not true for bamboo plants, which can go from a seed to a fully grown plant, ready for harvest, in less than five years. Bamboo is not a tree, it is part of the grass family and grows very quickly. Some homeowners even use bamboo as fencing because of the speed with which it grows. Because it is so easy to take care of, there is no need to use harsh and potentially dangerous chemical cleaners.
- This is a very versatile material. When you are looking at bamboo flooring, you will find yourself hard pressed to not find a bamboo that matches your style and decor. There are a number of shades of blond. If you are looking for other colors, there is gray bamboo flooring. Some darker colors come from the boiling method that is used when taking the material from the grass form to the flooring material.
- Bamboo flooring is considered to be state of the art. A number of people like to have the newest things and use the newest materials when they are decorating their homes. When it comes to flooring materials, bamboo is truly the newest kid on the block. Having said that, this material has been found to be one that will pass the test of time. For people who want to be on the forefront of creating homes that look and feel great while helping the environment, you cannot beat bamboo.
Homeowners and builders have a plethora of options when it comes to materials. Gray bamboo flooring can satisfy a number of needs and wants. It is beautiful, lasts a long time, is very easy to maintain, does not hurt the environment, and gives a space warmth, class, and even whimsy.