This has been a busy month. You have helped host a bridal shower for your middle son’s fiancé, you have planned a party and celebrated the high school graduation of your youngest son, closed on your house, interviewed moving companies, and prepared for the one you selected to come in and pack up the items that you have collected in this home of 22 years. By the beginning of next month you are going to be reunited with your husband who had to relocate for his job nearly six months ago. You have even worked with a short term storage unit and made sure that you are able to have the easiest move when the time comes. You have found a house that will work for the two of you, as your four children will now only be visiting occasionally. You have even made plans to move your at home travel agency to a new environment that will allow you to develop a whole new group of clients.
Moving Services and Short Term Storage Units Help Many Families Transition Into the Next Stage of Their Lives
Representing 35.1 million people, the average annual percent of Americans who move is 11.2%. Although the distance across the country can seem at times unsurmountable, the reality is that 62% of movers in 2017 remained in the same county after their move. Moving from one state to another can seem a challenge, but it is not as challenging as having to move out of the country. Fortunately, there are a wide range of moving companies that offer a number of services that can make any transition easier to manage.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the moving industry and the impact that they have on the economy of the nation and the individual transitions that families must make:
- 50% of all moves take place in the summer, between the beginning of May and Labor Day.
- The average mover is part of a couple between the ages of 18 to 34 with one or two kids. This is likely because as people get older, they are less likely to move.
- 17.4% of the people who are moving indicate that their number one reason for moving was wanting a new or better home or apartment.
- Although moves take place in every part of the nation, Vermont is the eighth most popular state people are moving to. Idaho is number one. In contrast, Illinios is the number one state people are leaving.
- In 2016, the moving industry was worth $85.7 billion.
Both large and small moving companies offer many different levels of services. From packing all of your belongings to simply transporting the boxes that you package yourself, it is important to make sure that you take the time to interview the companies that you are considering.