With the help of exterior contractors, a screened porch will add plenty of enjoyment to your spring, summer, and fall. Sure, you can invest in one of those handy mosquito zappers, or make sure to slather mosquito repellant on your skin to protect yourself against their attacks. But these are all minor efforts and do not offer long-lasting protection. Something more encompassing and permanent for your back porch construction might be the better solution.
Back porch builders should also have a better idea as to what kind of other options are available for you. They can also give you better insight into other cheap veranda ideas, especially if you eventually want to upgrade or build front door porch extensions to your house.
Picture this: It’s a beautiful summer night. You’ve having a family get-together on your back patio. You’ve got good food being grilled, cold drinks on ice and good music on.
Then the mosquitoes show up. They swarm you and your guests and try as you might, there’s nothing you can do to keep them away.
Recent figures indicate that there are more than 200 million insects for each human on the planet and there are more than 3,000 species of mosquitoes. That means there’s a lot of creepy crawlies to deal with in the summer.
So what can you do to keep the mosquitoes at bay in the summertime? A good step would be to install outdoor screening on your porch. A screened porch will add plenty of enjoyment to your spring, summer and fall and the right outdoor screen material will make your porch or patio the place to be.
Benefits of a screened porch include:
- Dealing with bugs: The scenario used to open this article is one that you’d love to have every single time you have a cookout in the summer: one that’s fun and devoid of bugs. A screened porch, with no holes or tears, will ensure that you’re able to keep away the mosquitoes, bees, flies, wasps and other bests. When the weather turns nice, you want to be able to enjoy your time outside and not spend it swatting at bugs.
- Quality time: In the summertime, there’s nothing better than spending time outside with your family. With a screened porch, you’ll be to have an outdoor living room of sorts; a place where you can make all sorts of happy memories and spend time enjoying a family meal, playing games and doing other fun family activities.
- Better home value: Another benefit of a screened porch is that it will add value to your home. A screened porch will look appealing to lots of potential homebuyers. If a family is interested in buying your home, a new screened porch can be just the thing that seals the deal.
- Peace and quiet: If you’re a parent, another benefit of a screened porch is that it offers a chance to get away for a little peace and quiet. Since it’s usually closed off from the inside of your house, a screened porch can be the perfect spot to do some studying, read a book or take a nap.
- A place to play: A screened porch can be a place to escape for adults, but it can also be the perfect place for kids to play. On a rainy day, a porch is a great place to play and since it’s connected to the house, it’s also a safe spot to be.
There are many types of outdoor mesh screen material to choose from, whether you’re putting up a pool screen, porch mesh screening, or screens in your front windows. You can choose solar screening, which blocks heat gain, helps relieve your AC unit and protects your patio furniture. You can choose polyester outdoor mesh screen, which is tear and puncture resistant. You can choose aluminum outdoor mesh screening, which is durable and offers lots of visibility. You can choose bronze, which offers a rich finish and is great for historic homes. You can also choose fiberglass screening, which is affordable and works great if you in a coastal area.
If you’re hesitant about trying to replace the mesh you’ve got, magnetic screens are another option. They allow for hands-free entry and exit for homeowners and their pets and it literally takes just minutes to install.
Whether you hire a professional to install it or whether you’re a DIYer who’s going to install a screened porch for the family, taking time to figure out what your needs are and which outdoor mesh screen works best for you is essential. Ultimately you want a material that’s going to keep the bugs out and away from you when you’re outside relaxing. By installing a screened porch, you’ll have a new spot to hang out outside and you can make it a place of great fun and happy memories.