Managing operations at a warehouse involves interesting challenges. If you want to establish a robust, smooth workflow that is great for productivity and efficient operation, in fact, you have to not only focus on employees and safety measures, but also lighting. From the right kind of induction ballast lighting options to the other kinds of LED warehouse lighting fixtures, planning for the right task and workplace lighting can help many plants operate at their highest levels of productivity.
Investing in the highest quality induction ballast products is one of the best ways to make sure that an overall setting is properly and safely lit. And while there are many kinds of decisions that need to be made when it comes to setting up a work environment, there are few decisions that are as important as the lighting in a place.
Induction Lighting Options Are Early Decisions That Must be Made in the Planning of Any Work Space
Whether you are considering high bay light fixtures for a garage space or you are looking a replacing halogen bulbs in an office area, there are many times when it is important to make certain that your business will be as successful as possible.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the lighting industry and the impact that it has on not only on the productiveness of a workplace, but also the economy of the nation:
- In addition to providing up to 85% more light output, LEDs use only 15% of the energy a standard halogen light uses.
- The average life expectancy of a fluorescent bulb and ballast is about 20,000 hours. In comparison, the life expectancy of an LED tube is roughly 50,000 hours.
- Although many people think about inside locations when it comes to lighting, the fact of the matter is in many areas, the law requires parking garage lighting to be on 24 hours a day.
- The U.S. Department of Energy believes LED lighting has the potential to reduce US energy usage by nearly 50%.
- Today’s LED bulbs can be six to seven times more energy efficient than conventional incandescent lights, as well as cut energy use by more than 80%.
- 22% of all electricity generated in the U.S. is used for lighting, according to Department of Energy statistics.
Thousands of little factors can contribute to the success of a factory or other work environment and it is the manager’s understanding of these factors that can have an important impact on the results a workplace can achieve. Induction ballast options and other advancements can help plant managers be certain that they have the most productive work environment.